The modules follow a base concept:
To summarize and frame Ab·core in a comprehensive way for all those who still don’t know us, we have divided our services in three modules, all able to be separated into sections, but at the same time complementary.
- Communication: Including all those services that will help the organization in its external communications: Website, e-mail, news, newsletter, photo album, FAQ, Search engine, … Everything is protected under our hosting anti-virus and anti spam.
- Community: Services that allow communication in both directions, thus enabling stakeholders of the organization to answer. These are: forum, distribution lists, guest book, press area, surveys, …
- Intranet: Private and internal communications area for registered members. Here you can find different services such as: shared files and folders, project management, private photo album, workflows, …
We are also developing the integration of additional services, also complementary, in which our beta tester organizations have shown an interest: volunteer management tools, donations management, virtual shop, accountancy tools, virtual campus for e-learning,..
Progress and improvements:
Although still in its beta version, all these modules are nearly finished. In fact, the communications module, the first to be completed, only needs some little fittings and new addings.
We have made some outstanding improvements in this sense during the past month.
- We have added a version control system to Website management. This not only allows to store and retrieve old versions of the Websites, but also to delete them, something only possible for FTP permit users until now.
- We have reinforced the anti-spam system in order to ensure that non-English unauthorized junk and commercial messages are blocked.
- We have refined the language newsletter service. Until now, the subscription to our newsletter allowed the selection of the document in different languages, but unfortunately newsletters were not produced in all these selectable languages. Initially we considered that it was a better option to deliver the newsletter to subscribers anyway, independently of their choice of language. However, this created confusion among our subscribers, and receiving the newsletter in a different language to their chosen one could be interpreted as a lack of linguistic sensitivity. To solve this problem, Ab·core users can now select their newsletter options, choosing only from languages the newsletter is available in. Therefore subscribers will only define their newsletter preferences in already available languages.
We hope you will find these new improvements useful.