With the slogan “Acceso a la red: lujo, derecho o necesidad” (“Web access: luxury, right or necessity?”) has been celebrated in
These journeys has been served as a meeting point to create synergy, a feedback of actions and reflections, frequently atomized (our diary doing, especially of our entities), to define, to propose to think and to action towards we want to go and to do.
The objective of this meeting is to explain, to share, to debate, to think about a new information society and to send to the society that this is a subject that touches everybody. From iwith.org, we want to show our conclusions from a selection of more than 30 speakers.
- We go to a new operation paradigm: from the hierarchical society to a web society: informational, communicational, organizational…
- Internet is an historical revolution like the industrial revolution that already touches the off-line world, far away from the on-line one.
- There is a lack of Internet culture that overflows in a low intensity of use and a few debates around it, of its applications and its repercussions.
- The appropriation of technology as a social transformation element, don’t the other way: the technology as the consequence of a (social) project, with an active and productive citizen people.
- Don’t search for technological solutions for the social problems
- It’s too early to know the direction Internet goes towards, because it’s a phenomenon too recently: it’s too early, complicated, and risky to do big infrastructure politics without knowledge of where we are going to.
- The digital stratification has different dimensions (territorial, of genre, of age, socioeconomic, culture, psychological, technological …) that makes non understandable solutions.
- The globalization and ITC has made the normative become more complex, subverting the jurisdiction of legislator with legislate. It has also opened the doors to participation and to the civil society voice.